This book contains 27 principles and practices that can help your management and leadership team have more effective meetings with more efficient decision-making. These principles and practices raise the quality of the collaborative dialog, and help the team reach more inclusive decisions that the whole team feel committed to.
Go to the shop to order yourself a physical copy of the book, or purchase a digital version.
Read a blog I wrote about decision-making, Efficient, effective and inclusive decision-making – A bold statement, a book and a video
Principles and practices covered in this book:
- Elect a facilitator
- Present, Discuss, Improve
- Fist of five survey
- Design decisions as experiments
- DIBB rationale narrative
- Enough info to proceed to decision?
- Good Enough for now, safe enough to try?
- Consent voting
- The wisdom of an qualified objection
- Extract and clarify agreements
- Declare intent and ask for objections
- Make decisions smaller
- Delegate decision mandate
- Clarify status quo
- When critical, accountable decides
- Make everyone heard – do rounds
- Individual thinking, then share
- Dot-vote priorities
- Poker voting
- Collaborative proposals, 1-2-4-All
- Hand Signals
- Park for later
- Summarize decisions
- Summarize actions and doers
- Document and communicate